Thursday, January 30, 2014

Postage Stamp Quilt

    On a recent Saturday my daughter Bethany and I were antiquing in Portland, which is one our favorite things to do. As quilters we always look at quilts and hope to find just the right buy. Bingo! Bethany found this wonderful PostageStamp quilt top that was very colorful with lots of fabulous fabrics. Another wonderful feature of the quilt top is it had been hand pieced. I can't imagine the hours that went into piecing this top. We both hesitated to look at the price, and when we did we found it was only $69. needless to say we did not hesitate to purchase it. The owner of the antique store told us that the elderly lady who brought it in was clearing things out and knew the quilt top would find a good home.
      Denise and I both looked over it thoroughly, and decided we had truly found a gem. We judged the fabrics to be from the 1950's to the 1060's. Of course we don't know when it was quilted, but felt it was some time ago. I machine quilted it in straight rows and it is safe and sound on my bed.


      We often sell vintage quilts after rehabbing them, but I loved this one and couldn't let it go. I'm glad my daughter and I found this treasure.

      Always Treasure Hunting
      Bobbie Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment